Wednesday, September 2, 2015

February oncology visit post surgery

My Photo
It has been two weeks since the surgery. I had some follow up appointments with other doctors about my health. My appointment with the oncologist is going to be in a few days. Until then I get a break to rest and catch up on things around the house before starting another treatment.  At my visit my oncologist told me I would be getting two more chemo therapy medications. He wanted me to be put on the schedule for next week to start chemo therapy for 6 treatments.  So, here I go once again with chemo.  With this round of chemo, this will make my tenth different kind of chemo I have been on in my lifetime. I have not been healthy ever since I had my first chemo back in nineteen ninety four. My doctor also wants me to go back to speak to the radiation doctor. He wants me to get radiation as part of this cancer treatment. The only problem with this is, I had radiation in the past and a person can only get so much radiation without risk of complications. I had to miss my support group meeting the week I was getting chemo. The chemo was given to me the same way it was the first time I had it. The only difference with this round was I did not have to take the steroids beforehand. I would also be getting the Nuelasta shot twenty four hours after as well.  The first chemo treatment is usually the longest. If the room is full with lots of other people getting treated it can slow thing up as well.  I was hoping that when next week came around I would feel well enough to go to my support group to give them an update about my surgery and treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment