Monday, September 14, 2015

New Plastic Surgeon appointment

My Photo

Today I will be meeting with my new plastic surgeon. His office is about the same distance away but in a different direction of my previous plastic surgeon. I walked in the office and signed my name in. The nurse gave me a bunch of forms to fill out. There office had received all my records from the other plastic surgeon. They did charge me my co pay which I later dispute with Bay Health. The nurse who called me back was very nice. She had a pleasant personality. She went over with me where I am with my reconstruction. She told me the doctor will be right in. I was greeted by a tall athletic looking man with sandy blonde hair. I would say he is about ten years older than me. He was quite attractive. I think I remember hearing about his reputation from other women as being very handsome. I see know what they meant. He told me he had looked at all of my records.” I will be taking over for your other plastic surgeon and finish your reconstruction”, he said.  He asked me to take of my shirt so that he could take a look at my implant and tissue ex-pander. He said that my tissue ex pander looked good but he would fill it just a little more. I told him the other surgeon was going to fill it to 640 which is the same size the other one was over expanded to. This surgeon than said, “I don’t need to over fill it by that much.” He then told me to lie back and he would go ahead and fill it now. The nurse then took a swab and cleaned my skin where my right breast used to be.  She then took out a magnet and lined it up with the metal that is under my skin. She then marks the spot where the needle will go in. The surgeon then injected some saline in to expand my skin. Right away I said, “You do this different than the other surgeon did.” The nurse asked how. I said, “The nurse would line up the magnet with the metal and mark the spot with a magic marker. “The nurse would then lay the chair back flat and I would wait for the surgeon to come in.”  “She then would put a bib on my tissue ex-pander with a hole in it to the ex-pander could be accessed.” I then said the surgeon would clean the area with iodine real well as the nurse filled a syringe with the saline. I told them the syringe he used at a tube connected to the end of it.  My new surgeon then said, “He must have used a butterfly needle.” The nurse just gave me this puzzled look. My new surgeon said, “This is how we fill your ex-pander here. He told me to come back in about a week so he could check the ex-pander. He also said that he was aware that I had a biopsy done and we would not be able to replace the ex-pander with an implant if I have to get more treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment