Tuesday, September 1, 2015

post operation

My Photo
I was still kind of groggy from the anesthesia and I just felt like going back into my slumber. My husband said, “The surgeon said everything went well with the surgery.” The nurse came in to see if I wanted anything to drink. I was very thirsty and asked her for some water. My mother and step dad told me they were going to leave so that I could rest. They gave me hugs and kisses and we said our goodbyes. My mom told me she would call me later at home to see how I was doing. I was in recovery for about an hour and I was told by the nurse I could go home. She told me a follow up appointment had been made with the surgeon. The nurse said, “The results will be sent to your oncologist.” I told her I had a follow up appointment with him.  I was given discharge papers and instructions from the nurse. She then wheeled me out of the hospital in a wheel chair.  On the way home we picked up food to take home. I was feeling soar so after I ate I rested on the couch watching television.  I had a very uncomfortable night sleeping with the pain in my chest from surgery.  I rested the next day as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment