Thursday, September 10, 2015

swelling from lymphadema

My Photo
I am three months into my second chemo treatment and aside from the fatigue; I am not feeling too bad. I have been getting pain in my arm that has the lymphedema in it.  I have been wearing my compression sleeve and using my compression machine for the swelling I have. I have difficulty with using this arm and hand for tasks. I sometimes cannot wear my wedding ring on my left hand ring finger because of the swelling.  One day I had my wedding ring on and could not get it off. I had to wait for the swelling to go down. I wear my ring around my neck now to avoid this. I also take a medication that causes swelling in both my hands and feet. I use this medication to treat my syncope. I was diagnosed with syncope back in two thousand and eight. This was the same time I was diagnosed with the gastro paresis.  Syncope is when your blood pressure drops and you pass out. I discussed how I was diagnosed with syncope in an earlier post. Since my double mastectomy and the lymphedema, I have had to buy bigger shirts. I used to be in a small now I wear medium and even large depending on the cut. When I had my left arm in the mummy bandage I had to cut holes in two of my shirt sleeves in order for them to fit.  My implant and tissue expander are positioned differently as well which makes me need bigger size shirts. I have been wearing a large size in sports bras.  I guess once I get my other implant I can go bra shopping. I will have to get resized to find out what size cup I will need. I have not decided on whether or not I will be getting nipples tattooed onto my implants. Some women choose not to and some do. The nipple tattooing is something that my plastic surgeon does not do. I am not at this point yet so I have a lot of time to decide what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment