Friday, April 10, 2015


Even though my children were not in the audience with us, their picture was displayed on a big screen during the show.  The picture they used had been one I had gave them of my two boys at my mother’s house.  She had them dress up in chef’s uniforms with hats holding bowls and mixing spoons.  When the show had ended we were hoping to get to talk or met Oprah personally.  We had been told that she will stick around after a taping and interact with the guest.  On this particular day of taping she could not stick around because of her busy schedule.  After getting my boys from the green room, Oprah’s secretary met up with us and led us down the hall to the exit.  Before leaving she gave us each a mug that had the Oprah Show printed on it.  She walked us outside to where our limo had been waiting for us.  I snapped a picture of her and my mom together.   We said our goodbyes with hugs and entered the limo which would take us to the airport for our plain ride home. 

It felt good to be home.  I could not wait to see my husband.  My neighbors, friends, and family had asked about the trip.  They wanted to know all the details.  My one neighbor said she was going to tape the show.  My mom and I were going to tape the show so we could have the memory of that day.  I could not wait to watch not only us but the whole show in its entirety.  When I did get to see the show it was a surprise to find out that a famous soap actor had been on the same episode as us.  His name is Don Diamont.  He played on the Young and the Restless but now he is on the Bold and the Beautiful as Bill Spencer.  He had nominated someone for doing a good job just as I had nominated my mom.  After our show aired I had gotten a call from the Wilmington News Journal.  It turns out they were doing an article on people who have been on a talk show and their experience as a guest on one.  I was asked if I would like to share my story and I had said sure.  I was then asked some            questions over the phone about the show and my experience.  I was told that they would like to send out a photographer to take our picture of everyone who had been on the show.  It was agreed that the picture would be taken at my mother’s house.  The photographer snapped a picture of my mom, the kids and I sitting on her couch.  They told me we could view the article in the Life section of the News Journal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment