Wednesday, April 1, 2015


About a month had gone by and I hadn’t thought about the letter at all until, the night I had gotten a call from someone who claimed she was from the Oprah show.  I couldn’t believe it I had said, “Who?”  She said, “I am Oprah’s secretary and I have the letter you wrote in about your mom.”   I could not believe it I was shocked and surprised all at the same time.  I had said, “Yes I wrote the letter.”  I had to explain to her about my cancer and the care my mom was giving to me and my children.  She had said to me that they were not taping any more makeover shows.  She made an offer for me and my mom to be on a different show called doing a Good Dead.  On this show I would get the chance to personally thank my mom for all she has done.  I asked her if I could bring my boys and she said, “That would be fine.”  She told me that the airfare and accommodations would be paid for.  I had told her that my mom did not know about the letter so we agreed to keep it as a surprise.  We both agreed that I would tell my mom they were doing a show on cancer and contacted me to be on it.   Oprah’s secretary would call me next week with more details.  I told her I would talk to my mom and tell her about the show.  I was so excited after we hung up from our conversation, I could not control myself.  I was telling everyone about the call and the surprise for my mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment