Tuesday, April 7, 2015


The morning of our trip to Chicago we anxiously awaited for the shuttle to take us to the Philadelphia airport.  When we arrived at the airport we had no issues and we boarded the plan on our way to Chicago.  My older son and I sat together while my mom and younger son sat together on the other side of us.  I wanted the window seat but so did my son so, I let him have it.  There was not much to see anyway.  I found out that I do not like flying so much as I became lightheaded.  My ears were constantly popping and the higher we went the worse it became.    Otherwise the plane ride was not so bad and a few hours later we landed safely at O’Hare airport.  After we grabbed our bags we headed for the main entrance of the airport.  This is when; I spotted a man wearing a trench coat and hat who was holding a sign with our last name on it.  The first thing I thought of was a scene exactly like this in a movie I had watched.  This was pretty cool it was like we were in the movie.  He said he would be our chauffer and drive us to the hotel.  He walked us over to a limo. It was snowing and my kids were happy to see snow for the first time that winter. It was November and we hadn’t had any snow back in Delaware yet. I was excited. I had never been in a limo before.  We were riding in style on our way to the Omni hotel were Oprah’s guest of the show stay.  My kids enjoyed the limo ride as well.  Never had they been in a car so big.  When we checked into the hotel we were given room keys, and food vouchers.  The food vouchers were good for room service and the hotel restaurant.  Our sweet was 2 adjoining rooms with beds, couch, desk, and bathrooms. As soon as we arrived we had ordered some food the kids where hungry and we wanted to unwind a little. We ordered some lunch with dessert and my mom and I ordered some wine.  I remember my oldest ordering the chocolate mousse and was disappointed when it arrived.  He had said to me that there were no antlers on this moose. I explained to him that it was not a real moose like the animal but a chocolate dessert.  We arrived in mid-morning so we had a full day and night to go sightseeing.  My mom had been to Chicago before so she was going to be our guide.  We had a full day of sightseeing and shopping.  My kid’s favorite part was the Fao Schwarz toy store where my mom let them each pick out a toy. We then went back to the hotel to unwind before dinner.  We decided to take advantage of the hotels pool and spa.  We all went swimming in the pool. We then sat in the hot tub to relax.  Later we changed for dinner which we had at the hotel’s restaurant.   The restaurant was casual but elegant.  The restaurant had a piano player a bar and tables.  We all enjoyed a wonderful meal sitting by the windows looking out into the Chicago streets.  My son remarked about how many yellow cars had passed as we sat looking out the window.  I told him that big cities like the one we are in use taxis to take people where they need to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment