Wednesday, May 13, 2015

As the days went on I began to feel better each time.  I was getting my strength back so I could be the mom my kids needed once again.  One day while I was home doing some cleaning I had received a phone call which surprised me.  It was Oprah’s secretary.  She had said she was calling to see how I was doing.  I told her I was finished treatment and I am now in remission.  She was so thrilled for me.  She asked me if I wanted to be on the Oprah show again.  I could not believe it.  She said, “We had such a response from viewers from the last time you were on the show we like to have you back.  She explained that at the end of the shows they had been doing a segment called I am thankful for.  At the end of the show a viewer who was chosen would say what they were thankful for.  I told Oprah’s secretary that I would love to do it after all; I had a lot to be thankful for these days.  She said they would allow me to bring someone of my choosing to accompany me.  Once again she would get back to me with all the details.  I was so ecstatic once I hang up the phone. I had to pick up the phone to call my mother to tell her the news.  We both could not believe I had been asked to be on Oprah again for a second time.  Since, I had already taken my mom with me the first time; I had decided to take her sister, my aunt.  My aunt made arrangements so she would be able to go with me.  My mom had offered to keep the kids overnight.  My aunt and I would fly to Chicago all expenses paid and stay overnight at the Omni hotel.  We had the same accommodations as my mom and I had on our first trip to Chicago. My experience was just as good this time as it was the first.  My aunt and I had a great time shopping and sightseeing the day we had arrived.  We enjoyed a wonderful dinner that evening at the hotel’s restaurant.

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- graph 3 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1602376949257249"
     data-ad-slot="8787359011"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

</script>

1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy those 2 days with you and sharing a limo with other "celebrities"

    ReplyDelete