Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I never thought it would get here but, six months came and went fast.  I had my ex-ray and follow up blood work done.  Then I would go in and get the low down from the doctor.  My doctor came in shook my hand and asked me how I was feeling.  I told him I was feeling better than I had been during the chemo.  I told him my appetite was back.  He had suggested I go to McDonald’s for a big mac to gain some weight back that I had lost.  He told me that the blood work was fine.  He informed me that the ex-ray was clear as well.  There was no sign of cancer anywhere in my chest.  This was such great news.  I was cancer free.  I would just have to come back every six months for ex-ray and blood work.  My doctor had said I was in remission and could be for a very long time.  This was the news I had been waiting to hear.  I could not wait to tell my husband and family that my cancer was all gone. 
While talking to my husband about the remission we had decided to have a celebration dinner.  We would invite the friends and family who helped me out while I was getting treatment.  We took everyone to a restaurant to celebrate my remission and honor them for all the help they gave us.  It turned out to be a wonderful night.  For the first time since my diagnosis I was able to feel like my old self again.  Life and my health would be the same as it was before the cancer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment