Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Fighting Gastroparesis

I had met my second husband through my best friend.  She had a cousin who was our age and he just so happened to be single. I had been invited to a party at her cousin’s house and that’s where I met my future husband. I was not looking to be in a relationship but my friend said her cousin asked if he could have my number.  I offered it and he called me and he and I went on a double date.  He was a wonderful guy and I could see myself spending the rest of my life with him.  He also felt the same way about me.  We would talk on the phone often because we lived an hour away from one another. My kids liked him and he was good to them. He would come visit us on the weekends at my father’s house. We had only been together six months but we were in love and could not wait to get married.  My soon to be husband lived in Milford, DE.  Since he made more money at his job we decided that I would move to Milford.  I would bring my younger son with me and we would live with him in his house. I knew I wanted to get married for a second time to the man who showed me how to love again and how I should be loved.  We have been best friends to one another. We had gotten engaged in August of two thousand seven.  We married in June two thousand and eight.  We had a very small intimate wedding with family and friends.  We had the ceremony in a floral courtyard at a golf course with the reception to follow inside.  We then went on a week’s honeymoon to St. Lucia to start our life as husband and wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment