Thursday, May 14, 2015

  The next morning we packed up all our things and waited in the lobby for the limo to take us to the show.  From the show we would be taking the same limo to the airport to go home.   When we entered the limo the driver told us we were waiting on another guest that would be riding over with us to the show.  When the other guest entered the limo we headed to Oprah studios which were not far from the hotel.  The other guest was a young female who looked to be about in her thirties.  We all introduced ourselves by first name.  We had a short conversation about how wonderful our hotel stay was.  By this time we had arrived at the studio and we all went separate ways.  It was not until the show that we would see the women who rode in the limo with us.  My aunt and I were in the audience and the first guest on stage was the women from the limo.  She was introduced by Oprah as Julia Sweeney comedian and actress.  I still had no idea who she was.  The actress did a comedy bit on having cervical cancer.  We both had something in common, cancer.  I wish I had known this in the limo ride over to the show.  We could have had lots to talk about.  After her comedy bit, which was quite funny she did an interview with Oprah.  Oprah mentioned her character pat from Saturday Night Live.  I  knew who pat was.  I had seen pat on Saturday Night Live before.  I was thinking I rode in a limo with a real life comedy star and never knew it.  I could have gotten an autograph.  This was an opportunity missed.  Even though, I didn't get an autograph, I had a pretty cool story to go back home and tell to people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment