Friday, May 8, 2015

Not only was the chemo and blood count taking a toll on me and my body but I could sense it was affecting my husband as well.  He would work and eight hour day come home and then take care of me and the kids.  I would be on the couch resting and I could hear him in the kitchen at times complaining about how he worked all day and then had to come home to this.  I would pretend I was sleeping and did not hear the things he was complaining about. He would say I have to take care of the kids, give them a bath, and do the dishes.  He would just go on and on. I felt like he was being selfish.  I had cancer and I did not wish this on myself.  I would rather be the one taking care of the kids and the house.  I did a better job at it anyway.  I don’t know if my husband was just venting or he really did mean the things he said.  Either way what he had said hurt me.  I felt like I was dying inside and he did not care.  His opinion was that he worked all day and provided the finances so; I should take care of everything else.  I did not agree with that especially when I am fighting cancer.    He said these things off and on throughout the last few weeks of my treatment.  I did not confront him about what he had been saying I could not talk to him about my cancer anyway.  He never wanted to talk about it.  If friends and neighbors would ask about my cancer, I would speak freely and it seemed to upset my husband when I did this.  


1 comment: