Friday, May 29, 2015

I felt like I had hit a brick wall.  I could not believe I had a stomach that did not work. How could this not be fixable? I wanted to be able to eat without being in pain or feeling sick. Eating for me was not fun anymore. I love to cook and come up with new recipes but sometimes, I couldn’t eat what I made.  When I go out to restaurants, I always take a doggie bag home. With my stomach condition, I cannot finish a full meal. I have a gastroparesis card which entitles me to smaller meals or a kid’s menu meal.  The card states my condition and the need for a smaller meal. This card can be used in any restaurant.  You just have to show the card to the waitress.  I have not had a problem yet with any restaurant refusing it. I bought a nutri bullet for making smoothies.  I mix fruits and vegetables with some yogurt or orange juice so my meal can be in the form of liquid. I have trouble with feeling hungry in the morning often.  I usually don’t feel hungry till around noon.  This is usually because I am still full from the dinner I ate the night before. I eat solids and do liquids and when I have symptoms I mainly stick to a liquid diet. If I have stomach pain and vomiting I don’t eat anything. I just lay in bed and rest.  I have anti- nausea medicine but sometimes it’s not enough. I also have pain meds but they cause constipation which is not good with gastroparesis. I usually use a heating pad or get into a hot bath for the stomach pain I get.  One week I had a flare up which put me in bed and I made the mistake of watching the cooking channel.  I became depressed as I watched chefs cook all the foods I could not eat during my flare up. 

1 comment: