Thursday, June 4, 2015

I laid on the gurney while the tech proceeded to look for the spots on my right breast.  I could see everything she was doing on her computer monitor. The tech put warming gel on the end of a device which she then runs over my breasts looking for the spots to be biopsied.  When the doctor comes in she numbs my breast area using medicine in a needle.  Once the area is numb, the tech runs the device to the spot. The doctor then extracts the tissue or fluid from the breast.  The doctor had informed me that all my spots were fluid filled.  She took all the fluid out and I was done.  If it had been tissue, it would be sent out for biopsy.  I was so relieved that nothing had to be biopsied. I was not in much pain and I would be returning back to work the next day.
  In July I had started my new job working for a neurologist. I ran the front of the office by myself.   The practice I worked for was small just like the practice of my previous par time job. I enjoyed my position and was working full time. I was traveling further but making more money. There was no previous employee to train me so I learned the computer system and the office functions on my own. So when I had my biopsy in October, It was a relief to know I could go back to my new job and enjoy life again. My husband started playing guitar again with a gigging band. I would go with him when he played at different venues. In November it was my younger son’s birthday. We took him out to dinner to celebrate.  The Christmas holiday is right around the corner and its one of my favorite times of the year. I could not wait to decorate the house and our tree.





No comments:

Post a Comment