Tuesday, June 23, 2015

In the morning my surgeon came in to see how I was feeling. I told him that I was constant pain from the surgery.  He told me that during surgery they had to give me 2 pints of blood. He said, “I would like you to stay for another night, I will come back in the morning to check on you. My husband stayed with me both days. There was a chair that reclined back into a bed for my husband to sleep on. He wanted to stay with me which was nice. I enjoyed him being there. He would bring me back food when he went to the cafeteria.  It was not long before the nurse came in again to give me my medicine. She informed me that the doctor ordered a morphine drip.  The drip was for the pain. I could press the button on the drip every 3 minutes.  I could use the drip whenever I wanted and did not have to wait for a nurse to come and give me pain meds. The next day my surgeon popped his head in and said, “I think you’re well enough to go home today, I will discharge you.” A few hours later my plastic surgeon came in to see me.  He wanted to know how I was and wanted to check my bandages. He told me my bandages felt wet.  “Has the other surgeon been in to see you he asked?” I said, “He popped his head in and told me I could go home.” “Did the other surgeon check your bandages he asked?” “No I said why?” He said, “The bandages where the other doctor performed the surgery are leaking,” as he shook his head. There were 2 nurses standing by and he told them to put a fresh bandage on the site. The nurses must have known about the other surgeon because we all kind of looked at each other in agreement when my husband said we were not to found of him. The plastic surgeons bandages where dry and looked very good to him.  He had no problem either with sending me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment