Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My husband came with me to my appointment with the surgeon.  We were in the exam room with the nurse when the doctor walked in.  He had my chart in his hands. He proceeded to tell me that they found cancer in my left breast.  There were four spots and he called it stage two triple negative breast cancers.  The spots had been measured at four centimeters.  He said my cancer did not test positive for hormones and that’s why it is triple negative. I would not be a candidate for hormone therapy. He suggested I get a lumpectomy which is removal of the left breast and chemotherapy.  He then asked if I had any questions. Of course I had questions but could I think of any? My head was still spinning from the words you have cancer. I did not hear anything after that. I am glad my husband was there. Maybe he had questions but he didn’t. I think his head was spinning to. The surgeon examined me and I asked him if he could send the report to my oncologist. He told me he would along with his notes from today’s visit.  He then left the room and I got dressed.  I went out to the waiting room with my husband. We were discussing what we were just told, as I was wiping tears from my eyes. An elderly women who was in the waiting room as well, came up to me and asked if I had gotten some bad news. I said, “Yes I have breast cancer.” She said, “I am sorry to hear that can I have your name so I can put you on our prayer list at church?” I said, Sure that would be wonderful.”


No comments:

Post a Comment