Thursday, June 18, 2015

The morning of my surgery I was a bit nervous. I was put into a holding room to be prepped for surgery. I was given a gown to put on and slipper socks.  I laid on a gurney while a nurse went over all my medical history and medications. Both of my surgeons came in prior to talk to me about the surgery. The anesthesiologist came in to explain the anesthesia I would be getting and how it will affect me. First I would be given a medicine to help me relax and then I would be wheeled to the operating room. I don’t remember anything after getting the medicine to relax me. The surgery must have been done because the nurse woke me up. I was still feeling a little groggy. She asked me how I was feeling. She informed me that I would be going to a room for an overnight stay. During surgery I had lost blood and they had to give me two pints. The surgeons wanted to keep in the hospital so that I could be monitored. I was in a lot of pain from the surgery.  As soon as there was an available room I would be wheeled upstairs.  It was not till that evening that I was in a room. I didn’t get much sleep that night. It seemed like nurses were coming in around the clock to take vitals and give medicine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment