Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The day of my MRI appointment I was told to change into a gown.  I was given dye intravenously. I then had to lie on the machine flat on my stomach.  My breast where positioned in cushioned holes. I was given earphones that played music to drown out the sound of the MRI machine. This is not very effective. I could still hear the MRI machine.  The machine slowly moves back into a tunnel and then pictures are taken. My doctor had told me that the MRI pictures will pick up anything that was missed with the mammography. The MRI did just that. I had three spots on my right breast that would need to be biopsied. This is when I started to panic and nerves set in. You think the worst when you hear this not even knowing that it could turn out to be nothing.

I was scheduled for another procedure at the hospital. This time I would be getting an ultrasound guided biopsy. This did not sound like something that was going to be fun. I was very nervous on the day of my biopsy.  I was reassured by the ultrasound tech and the other nurse that I had nothing to worry about. They would be in the room along with the doctor during the biopsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment