Friday, June 12, 2015

I was curious about implants. I wanted to see if this would even be an option for me. I wasn’t sure I wanted them just yet. I was told if I did decide to get them it could be done the same time my surgeon removes all my cancer and tissue. This was an option for me and would save me a surgery. I decided I would consult with a plastic surgeon to find out the information and what would be involved. I made an appointment with the surgeon who was part of Bay Health. He had done many reconstructions on women like me who have had breast cancer. He had been very thorough and went over all the information. He gave me booklets to read at home. The plastic surgeon explained that he would need to contact my surgeon who would be removing the cancer. He said I will need to ask him if he will let me work with him on you. He explained to me that once my surgeon removes the breast and all the tissue, he could go in after him and do his part of the surgery. He told me he would contact my doctor and that I should go home read the books and make a list of any questions I may have. He told me to come in next week for a follow up. If my surgeon gives him the go ahead, and I decide I want the implants, he will explain the surgery and the procedure then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment