Monday, June 15, 2015

I went home and read all the books. My husband and I talked about it in detail but he said, “It is your decision and I will be happy with whatever you chose.” He did say if I get them I should go bigger. I laughed. He said, “You laugh but if I had to lose my penis and they were going to give me another one I would go bigger.” I didn’t want to laugh but I did. This was one of those times when you realize you can find humor in cancer. I said, "I would be happy with the size I had." As long as I had some shape to fill out my clothes and to keep me looking normal I didn't care how big they were. I then came to the realization that this is real and I would be losing my breast and getting fake ones. I didn’t want to have to make this decision it was not fare that I had to. I also researched online about making this decision.  I did find some information that stated women, who do get implants after removal of breast from cancer, psychologically feel better. I went back and forth on the decision and weighed out the information I had collected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment