Monday, August 17, 2015

My Photo
Here it is December again one year since my diagnosis. I had a pet scan scheduled the first week of the month. I had a follow up with my oncologist the week after. My doctor showed me the results of the scan on his computer. Everything was fine except for one spot that was highlighted on my chest above the left breast.  This was something I did not want to hear. He told me I would need to have this spot biopsied. There was a chance it could be a recurrence of the breast cancer. He told me the girls in the front would make an appointment for me to have the biopsy done at Kent General. The nurse at the front desk was on the phone trying to schedule my appointment for a MRI guided biopsy. She was having trouble getting the appointment because my doctor wanted it as soon as possible and because it was for an MRI guided biopsy. The person on the other end had originally scheduled it for an ultra sound guided biopsy. The nurse had to specify it was for an MRI guided biopsy. The hospital had to make sure a surgeon would be available to do it. I told her I could have it done here at the Milford Hospital. She told me the doctor doesn’t fool with the staff at the Milford Hospital and prefers the biopsy to be done at Kent General. I said, “He won’t be fooling with them I will or they would be fooling with me anyway.”  This meant I had to travel a half an hour instead of just 10 minutes to the Milford hospital.  After all the confusion I finally had an appointment for the following Monday three days from now. I had to be there at 7:45 in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment