Friday, August 21, 2015

December 2014


My Photo

I had a scheduled follow up with my oncologist several weeks later. This is when he told me that the biopsy came back positive for cancer. He said it was the same triple negative breast cancer. I was told that when breast cancer relapses anywhere in the body that it is still considered breast cancer.  I was not happy about the fact that my cancer had spread. It meant that the chemo treatment I had already gone through had not worked. The oncologist wanted to send me to a breast surgeon because of the location of the cancer. He told me he thought it was close to the left breast.  He then said I would need to do more chemo. He would give me two different chemo meds used for breast cancer.  I would have another six rounds of chemo ahead of me. I left the office devastated. I was not happy that the chemo didn’t work and the cancer had spread. I had an appointment with the breast surgeon scheduled for the following week. The surgeon I was going to see came highly recommended. I wish I had seen her when this all started but I did not know about her then. I know of other breast cancer patients who have gone to see her for their surgeries. I actually found her name to be very familiar and then I realized I saw her speak at an event. I felt very confident about seeing her. De

No comments:

Post a Comment