Thursday, August 27, 2015

January 2015

My Photo
Our New Year’s celebration was a quiet one.  I was having stomach pain and nausea from the gastro paresis. I lay on the couch watching television with my husband and my son. We watched the ball drop and then we went to bed. The next few days I was still not feeling well.  There is nothing I had I could take to help with the pain. I put a heating pad on my stomach to help relieve the pain.  My stomach was full and I could not eat anything. I sipped on some chicken broth and a hot cup of green tea. I drank a full glass of water with Miralax in it. I take Miralax on a regular basis to help me poop. When I am feeling like this I cannot eat solid food. Sometimes I can even get down liquids without wanting to throw it back up. On days like these   I just have to stay home in bed or lye on the couch and wait for my symptoms to go away.  My symptoms could last for a couple of days to two weeks. This is called a gp flare up and when it happens I cannot make any plans to go out. I can’t hang out with friends or family unless they come to see me. My husband and I can’t enjoy a nice dinner out on the town. I feel like I have become a prisoner to this disease and food. I was hoping I would feel better soon because my surgery was coming up and I did not want to feel bad from both the surgery and my gastro paresis.




No comments:

Post a Comment