Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The morning of my appointment I was up at 5:30 to get ready. I had to be at the hospital a half hour before my appointment. I arrived in time and had to be checked in. I walked back to a room alongside the nurse who was going to be in the room with me.  She had me get undressed and put on a gown. She asked me to lie on the table.  She had asked me if I ever had an ultra sound guided biopsy before. I said, “Yes but I am supposed to be getting and MRI guided biopsy.” She said, “That’s not what they have you scheduled for.” I said, “I am supposed to be.” She said, “Let me see what I can do but, the room might not be available or a surgeon here that can do that procedure.” I told her I did not want to have to come back. I said, “I was there when the appointment was made and the nurse specifically told them what test needed to be performed.  By this time a tech came in to perform the ultrasound. The nurse was telling her the situation and the tech said, “Let’s just see if we can see the spot that needs to be biopsied.” She said, “If we can see it by ultrasound, the surgeon may be able to get it without using the MRI.  The tech had spotted it but just had to wait for the surgeon to come in to give her the ok. The surgeon told me the reason my doctor might have wanted the MRI was because the spot was deep inside my chest wall. He said, “Lucky for us the ultrasound has picked it up and we can go ahead and take a sample to be biopsied. Once the biopsy was over it would be time to play the waiting game. Now it would be just a matter of waiting and praying that the biopsy is not cancerous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment