Tuesday, March 10, 2015


Even though I was not feeling a hundred percent, I was so happy to have my radiation treatments over and done with.  I wanted to get back to my life as mother and wife.  I wanted to enjoy the rest of the summer with my family.  My four year old would be going off to preschool in September and I needed to get him ready.   I did very little housework and saved most of my energy to take care of my kids.  We would enjoy weekend barbeques with friends and neighbors.  We would play baseball and have water balloon fights with our kids and their friends.  I missed those days while fighting cancer.  I missed being able to run around with my kids and laugh.  I believe my kids missed it to.  My children needed their mom back and I could not wait to resume my position as their mother.  I know my husband was glad to see me back as my old self again.  We went back to the way it was before the cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment