Thursday, March 19, 2015


  I had made arrangements for my mother to watch the kids while I was in the hospital.  My husband took off from work to be there with me at the hospital.  After we arrived at the hospital, I was given a room.  I had to change into the elegant hospital attire that had been waiting for me on the bed.  I had my vitals taken and an IV put in by the nurse.  I would then be given a relaxing agent and whisked off down the hall to the operating room. I don’t remember how long surgery was but when I awoke I was glad it was over. The doctor said surgery had gone well and that everything was good.  I told him I had some pain and he said, “That’s to be expected and the nurse can bring me pain med.” He explained to me that I had a tube sticking out of my left side that was connected to a machine.  The surgeon said, “It is waste of blood and fluid from the surgery.”  He said he would be back in tomorrow to check on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment