Tuesday, March 3, 2015


Getting radiation everyday was taking a toll on me.  I was always exhausted.  I would count down the minutes till it was nap time for my kids.  When they took a nap I took a nap.  One day I overslept and did not know my four year old was already awake.  I woke up to hear him come in the house with his friend.  He said he had been outside playing with her.  This scared me.  I told him never to go outside again before waking me up.  My other son was still asleep.  I found out the day I overslept my sons friend’s mother said, “I should not let my son outside unsupervised.”  I was upset that my neighbor had said this.  I had never done anything like this before.  Of course I never went through radiation before either.   This other mother knew I was sick.  She happened to be outside anyway so, I didn’t see what the big deal was.  We had always watched each other’s kids when they were out front in the yard.  We live in row homes and our children always played right in the yard.  Parents cannot be perfect all the time and I had witnessed that with my neighbor and her own child.   I didn’t confront her because I heard this from another neighbor and was not sure it was even true.  When you have cancer you realize life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  Aside from being tired radiation can make you feel hot.  I could not be out in the sun for long.   If I was, the sun would start to make my skin feel like it was on fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment