Friday, March 20, 2015


I wasn’t getting much sleep in the hospital because of the pain I was in.  The nurse had given me Tylenol with codeine which was not helping at all.  I had compression sleeves on my legs to help circulate them while I lay in bed.  I was in a room by myself which was good but I could not see a thing from my room.  I could not hear anything either.  I thought I must be down the hall away from the nurse’s desk and anyone else.  The room had windows but I had a view of bricks.  I felt alone and bored.  I had TV but nothing good was ever on.  I was excited to see the doctor that morning. I just knew  he would tell me I could go home.  The doctor examined me and said that he would like me to stay for another couple of days.  He said I was not healing properly and that this was due to the previous radiation I had.  He explained that radiation causes scare tissue and makes bone frail.  He also said that radiation can make my body heal at a slower rate.  He said a few more days in the hospital would be all I needed.  He also wanted me to get up and walk around.  This was easier said than done especially since I had a tube coming out my side that was hooked to this heavy metal machine.  I would do what he asked because, the sooner I heal would be the faster I get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment