Tuesday, March 31, 2015


One day I got to thinking about doing something nice for my mom for all her help.  I really wanted it to be special and something she would remember.  I was remembering a conversation my mom and I had about an Oprah makeover show.   My mom had stated that on her show, she saw where this daughter nominated her mom for a makeover.  The mother on the show had received hair, makeup, clothes and a shopping spree.  My mom was saying how nice she thought that getting a makeover like that would be.  This got me thinking more and I took out some paper and a pen and began writing.  Dear Oprah I would like to nominate my mom for your makeover show.  I have been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma.  I am 24 years of age and I have to little boys and a husband.  I have been in treatment for the cancer and if it was not for my mom, I don’t know how I would do it.  I went on to say how she helped me and my children while I was fighting cancer.  I explained how she helps out with housework, dinner, kids, and me.  I told her that my mom is a big fan of the show and she especially liked the makeover episode.  I would like to thank my mom for helping our family through this difficult time.  If I could get her on to one of your makeover shows as a gift to her that would be great.  To be able to thank my mom with your help in this way would be wonderful.  I put thanks for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.  I signed my name stuck the letter in an envelope and mailed it the very next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment