Saturday, March 21, 2015


That same day in the evening my husband and kids came to visit me.   I was so excited to see my family.  They were just as happy to see me.  During our visit they helped me walk down the hall and around the floor back to my room.  It hurt and was not easy but I managed.  We talked about what my kids had been doing and what their plans were for when they left me.  Before they left I got kisses and hugs and I did not want to let go.  I said my goodbyes as they were leaving and I went back to lying in this hospital bed in this dreadful room.  I was in the hospital for two more days.  I was healing and my doctor said I would be able to go home.  My overnight stay in the hospital turned into a week stay.  I was discharged on Saturday morning.  My husband picked me up and took me to the drug store before heading home.  As I arrived home I was greeted by my children and my brother who had been there watching his nephews.

I would say at this point life would be getting back to normal but, I was still not feeling a hundred percent.  I was also worried about the biopsy results but there was nothing I could do until I heard from my doctor.  That day came and I was given an appointment to come in to discuss the results.  I was told I had a relapse.  I did not know what to think or say.  My doctor informed me that my Hodgkin’s Lymphoma is in my chest. He said chemo would be the next form of treatment we will use.  He said unlike the radiation chemo goes to all the parts of your body to kill the cancer.  He assured me the chemo will respond very well to these drugs.   I could be in remission for years or indefinitely.   I did like the sound of that but was not thrilled that I had to have chemo.  The doctor told me I would be losing my hair on my head and possibly everywhere else I had hair on my body.  He said I could be sick even though they will give me anti-nausea meds before the chemo.  He said chemo can make your white count, and red blood cell count drop and if this happens they can fix it.  I did not know how I was going to do this and take care of a family at the same time.  I knew chemo had to be done to kill the cancer that was taking my life so, I would have to figure it out.  I wanted to be around to see my kids grow up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment