Tuesday, March 24, 2015


The doctor said he wanted to start chemo right away but suggested I get a bone marrow biopsy first.  I asked what that was.  He said, "we need to make sure the cancer is not in your bone marrow".  He said' "I will take a sample of your bone marrow on the right side of your lower back".  He said his nurse would schedule this and the chemo to be done shortly after.  My  doctor explained that  I would be getting four different chemo meds.  I expressed concern to my doctor about the cost of the treatments, test, and surgeries.  I still didn’t have medical insurance and I had bills coming in from the radiation treatment.  He said we can worry about the bills later our main concern is treating the cancer.  I was not a happy camper when I left his office to say the least.  I had to go home and tell everyone that it is not over yet and I have cancer again. 


I have a very supportive husband, family and in-laws.  My mother was going to be there with me and for me and her grandchildren.  She offered to take me to treatment and look after my kids.  My oldest was in preschool so she would watch her youngest grandchild.  My husband had to work fulltime and he had no sick or vacation days he could take.  We were counting on his income because I did not have one.  I was prompted to contact the social security office once again to make an appointment.  I wanted to talk to someone about my case being turned down.  Since, I had a relapse; I wanted to find out if there was anything I could do to get financial help. The medical bills were starting to pile up and no way to pay them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment