Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I had a scheduled appointment to meet with my new oncologist in Milford. I would be getting treatment at the Milford Oncology Department because it was close to my house. I was met by a nurse navigator who walked me back to the exam room. She gave me a binder filled with information. She told me if I needed anything she could help me. The oncologist went over the notes from my previous oncologist. He told me I would be getting two chemo meds once every three weeks for six times.  The two meds would be Cytoxan and Taxotere.  He explained that both would be given at the same time and would take about five hours. The oncologist went over the side effects and gave me an information packet on the medication. He told me I could come back in tomorrow to start treatment. He gave me a script for numbing cream for my port. I did not have the cream with my previous cancer. He told me to put the cream on a half an hour before my appointment. The cream will numb the port so I will not feel the stick from the needle. I went home and felt really anxious that night about getting chemo. I remembered how sick and drained I felt before with the chemo I received with my other cancer.  My husband took off from work so he could be there while I get treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment