Monday, July 13, 2015

The shot I was given is called Neulasta. This shot is given to keep your white count from getting low.  Chemo can make your red and white blood cells low. Neulasta works on your bone marrow so your white counts will not fall low. I was told to take Claritin the day before the shot and the day of. Taking Claritin is to help with the pain you get from the shot. Even though I took the Claritin I still had pain. I took over the counter pain relievers but they did not help. I was in pain for the next four days.  All I could was laid down on the couch. I called the doctor’s office and spoke with the nurse. I asked her why I was in so much pain all over. She said, “That’s how you know the shot is working on your bone marrow.” She told me she would speak with my doctor and ask him if there is something else I could take. My doctor prescribed me twenty milligrams of oxycodone. I had taken this before as needed with my pain from the gastroparesis and it worked. It worked for the Neulasta all the excruciating pain I had all over my body was gone. I heard this shot called New Nasty instead of Neulasta. Now I know why. The pain is unbearable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment