Thursday, July 30, 2015


My Photo
The first week in July I was scheduled to have my right tissue expander that had a leek fixed with surgery. The surgery was going to be an outpatient procedure. After the surgery I had to recover for about a week and then the plastic surgeon would start to fill it again.  I was given about four fills of saline which brought the tissue expander to about 400 cc. During my fourth fill my doctor had told me that he would no longer be able to treat me and I would need to find another surgeon. He told me that Bay Health was doing away with his practice. Wait I said, “What”?  “I am in the middle of getting my second implant put in.” He said, “I know I have made Bay Health aware of the situation.” He said, “I have you and one other patient I am treating. I said, “How can they do this?” He told me to call them and see what they would be willing to do for me. He told me there is another plastic surgeon in Dover that I may be able to see. I said, “what If I want to see you?” He said, “You would have to take a plane.” I was upset. I liked my plastic surgeon very much and did not want to go see someone else in the middle of my treatment. If it wasn’t for the stupid leak I had, I would have been finished and not have had to worry about this. I asked the girls in the front office what was going on and they told me I would know more than them. She said, “Bay Health hasn’t told us anything. I was not happy when I left his office. I would be going home and discussing this with my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment