Tuesday, July 28, 2015


My Photo
In my second week of therapy, I had what is known as the mummy wrap. The physical therapist wrapped my arm after he massaged it. He told me with this wrap, my arm would shrink back down to the way it was before the lymphedema.  The therapist put a sleeve witch looked like a sock on my arm. He then took this white light bandage and wrapped it around the sleeve. The therapist took some white cotton and wrapped that around the bandage.  He then wrapped some ace bandages around the cotton. When all was said and done I looked like I had and arm from the Michelin Man.  The therapist then asked me to bend my arm to my chin. This was not easy to do. My arm was wrapped so tight I could not get it to bend.  I would have to wear this wrap until I saw him again. Unfortunately this was a Friday appointment and I would not see him until Monday.  I would have this wrap on all weekend. I basically would have the use of just my right hand. I am glad I am right handed. My arm with the mummy wrap felt like it weighed a ton. It was so tight I thought my circulation would be cut off.  I could not drive with the wrap on. On days when I knew I would be getting the mummy wrap my son would drive me to therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment